Sunday, December 4, 2011

Aanandha yoga - Ch-4

"Who am I"

“Who am I”. This is an unique and peculiar question.
If I ask my self ‘who am I’. I can probably give the following answers. I am Ravikondda alias K.R.Ravindranath, son of Shri.Rajaram and Smt.Shanta, Savithri’s husband, so and so’s brother etc.,…….etc., I am in so and so job etc…… and I can keep on saying a few more.

But in reality, does that ‘I’ denote my body or the ‘me’ that is inside me? There is no answer for this question in Science or the so called rational thinking. The reason for this is that, either Science or the so called rational thinking, cannot answer the questions like, ‘what was I before my birth’ and what will I be after my death’, because Science or the so called rational thinking does not accept the concept of ‘Aathma’ or ‘rebirth’.

The answers for all these questions can be found only in our ‘Sanaathana Dharma’. According to the Vedas, the ‘I’ inside me denotes my ‘Aathma’. My body is made up of ‘pancha bhoothaas’. The pancha bhoothaas are as follows.

1. Pruthvi- earth – denotes all the solid substances in my body.
2. Appu – water – denotes all the liquid that is inside my body.
3. Vaayu – air – denotes all the gasses in my body.
4. Agni – fire-heat – denotes all the heat/warmth in my body.
5. Aakaasam – denotes all the vacant spaces in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment